SWISS virtual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

return to the intranet

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello Swiss Virtual!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LamalK

Hello Swiss Virtual! Empty
PostSubject: Hello Swiss Virtual!   Hello Swiss Virtual! Empty2018-01-06, 21:50

I just joined(again Smile) yesterday. I'm looking forward to flying the FSLabs A320X in Swiss colors all around the EU for Swiss Virtual. I have been flight simming since 1995 and have probably logged as many hours as some real world pilots! Smile I do have my private pilots license and am instrument rated too. So I can also fly for real small GA aircraft. Aviation and the airline industry in general is a passion of mine. I have yet to visit Switzerland nor have I flown on Swiss in real life. But, I do have a lot of respect for this airline as they have always seemed to rank high in world rankings. I plan to visit Switzerland sometime real soon. I'd even love to move there. Anyone have any connections for me? Smile

Anyway, I think this VA has some amazing potential. I am looking for as close to realistic as possible and am hoping once the new website is fully functional, this VA will provide me with that opportunity. That being said too, I do have web development experience if I can be of any help. Just let me know. Smile

A few suggestions that I am hoping to see fixed or added in the near future:
-Right now, it looks like the booking flights page does not do the best job at filtering based on our selections of departure, arrival and aircraft type. It appears that selections made up there may not even matter at all? For instance, if I select LSZH as my departure airport, why do I see flights that are returning to LSZH too? If I have both the departure and the arrival selected, I still get what appears to be basically the entire flight schedule back. So it would be nice to have this be more functional.
-In addition to that, is there any plans to 'assign' routing to a pilot? Something like saying I am starting at LSZH. Schedule my legs for today please that are with aircraft type XXX with legs that are up to x:xx hours in length. Etc. I'd really love something like this. One of the hardest things is deciding where to fly all the time. Smile
-Also, to get an actual aircraft tail number assigned per the flight(if we have that aircraft then we can fly it). And, even better yet, to get gate assignments. I know the operations center will do that. But, what if it's not online?

Now, I just need to figure out how to have my flights tracked again with this new system. I did two flights this morning on VATSIM but neither logged correctly. I thought that's all we needed to do was fly online?

Thanks. Looking forward to being a member here.
-Kevin Smile
Back to top Go down
ETZLINGERA

ETZLINGERA

PostSubject: Re: Hello Swiss Virtual!   Hello Swiss Virtual! Empty2018-01-07, 00:12

Dear Kevin,

Welcome! Flights must be recorded with our new ACARS software, please check download section.

Your points about schedule and flights are very interesting and I will forward it to tue web dev.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
LamalK

PostSubject: Re: Hello Swiss Virtual!   Hello Swiss Virtual! Empty2018-01-07, 23:16

ETZLINGERA wrote:
Dear Kevin,

Welcome! Flights must be recorded with our new ACARS software, please check download section.

Your points about schedule and flights are very interesting and I will forward it to tue web dev.

Regards,

Ok, thank you! I wasn't quite sure. One more thing with this then. When I downloaded the installer, it was identified by Avast AntiVirus as a virus. Have you had that report before? Do you know why it's being identified as such? Is it safe to ignore this? I'm a little afraid to install it at the moment so I'm delaying my first departure.

Thanks,
Kevin
Back to top Go down
ETZLINGERA

ETZLINGERA

PostSubject: Re: Hello Swiss Virtual!   Hello Swiss Virtual! Empty2018-01-08, 06:35

Dear Kevin,

There isn't risks, TFDI acars is a high level and payware flight tracker, avast is giving you a false positive.
Back to top Go down
DOPPMANNP

DOPPMANNP

PostSubject: Re: Hello Swiss Virtual!   Hello Swiss Virtual! Empty2018-01-09, 17:37

ETZLINGERA wrote:
Dear Kevin,

There isn't risks, TFDI acars is a high level and payware flight tracker, avast is giving you a false positive.

can second this, as long as you have the installer from the VA you should be fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Swiss Virtual!   Hello Swiss Virtual! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Swiss Virtual!
Page 1 of 1