SWISS virtual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

return to the intranet

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fuel prices realistic?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WEBERH

Fuel prices realistic? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel prices realistic?   Fuel prices realistic? Empty2018-04-01, 10:02

I was just checking my logbook when I noticed that the fuel cost is enormously high.
Fuel prices realistic? Fuel10

I then checked the real fuel prices for Jet A1 fuel and these are the ones for ZRH:
http://www2.jetaviation.com/index.php/jet/zurich/fuel

As you can see if you tank more than 3000 liters it costs you 1.13 CHF/L

So 142510 liters x 1.13 = 161036 CHF which seems way more realistic if you think that the average ticket price for MIA-ZRH is around 800 CHF with 337 PAX.

Of course the prices in Miami may vary but Im just trying to help you with building this VA Smile
Back to top Go down
ETZLINGERA

ETZLINGERA

PostSubject: Re: Fuel prices realistic?   Fuel prices realistic? Empty2018-04-01, 10:31

Fuel price is not in our feature, we will delete this information. But thanks for the note!!!
Back to top Go down
Daviation

PostSubject: Re: Fuel prices realistic?   Fuel prices realistic? Empty2018-04-10, 07:24

Hi Henry,
airlines are using fuel hedging to stabilize the fuel price over a long time frame and safe money. Therefore the fuel price you find published by an airport is not necessarily representative for the airlines.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/airlines-fuel-hedging/table-jet-fuel-hedging-positions-of-european-airlines-idUKL5N1QO3YX

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel prices realistic?   Fuel prices realistic? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel prices realistic?
Page 1 of 1